On my services page, I [used to] have summarized my perspectives on 21st century work. It’s called: Adapting to Life in Perpetual Beta.
- There is no such thing as a social media strategy.
- There are only business strategies that understand networks.
- Collaborative and distributed work is becoming the norm.
- Social learning is how work gets done in networks.
- Sharing, enabling conversations and transparency are some of the values of networked business.
- This is done through knowledge-sharing, self-directed learning and user-generated content.
- Learning is part of work, not separate from it.
This too, is in perpetual Beta …