These are the key posts and articles that have been written here since 2004, covering leadership, sense-making, collaboration, and knowledge-sharing in the network era.
Link to Key Posts
Performance Improvement Toolbox
- The Seek > Sense > Share Framework: Simple standards facilitated with a light touch, enables knowledge workers to capture, interpret and share their knowledge.
- Rewiring for the Complex Workplace: Complexity is the new normal in an increasingly connected world where time is of the essence.
- A Framework for Social Learning: (PDF) Making social learning work at work is not trivial, but quite possible if you understand the bigger picture.
- The New Challenge for Learning Professionals: (PDF) Work isn’t what it used to be, which means training should have changed too, but has it? In this paper I discuss what the learning landscape of 2013 and beyond will look like according to what’s working now and what’s not in online training.
- Skills 2.0: (PDF) Web 2.0 gives learning professionals an aptitude adjustment.
Personal Knowledge Mastery
PKM is the active process of connecting the innovative ideas that can arise in our social networks with deadline-driven work. Link to PKM
Every second Friday I review what I’ve noted on social media and post a wrap-up of what caught my eye. I do this as a reflective thinking process and also in order to take some of what I’ve learned and put it on a platform I can control, my blog. Link to Friday’s Finds
I regularly review books that I have read and feel are worth recommending to others. Writing a review forces me to reflect on what I have found is important. Disclosure: I use Amazon affiliate links, for which I receive a small commission and then use any gift certificates to subsidize the purchase of more books. I sometimes receive free books from publishers.