Jay Cross is working on a research paper, which if it turns into a book, he will name it INATT (it’s not about the technology).
- Blogging isn’t about the technology, it’s about easily publishing your thoughts and allowing others to join in and add to them.
- Wikis aren’t about the technology, they’re an easy way for everyone to write, edit and comment on the same space and not worry about operating systems or word processor document formats.
- RSS isn’t about the technology, it’s about having one place to watch the multi-person, multi-channel, multi-perspective Web universe.
- Podcasts aren’t about the technology, they’re a way to share your voice and let others listen on their own terms and on their own time.
- Multi-player roleplay games aren’t about the technology, they’re about immersing yourself in another world and learning things you might not in real life.
Many people cannot use these practical tools in school or at work. If it’s not about the technology, why are we letting IT departments decide what’s best for us?