Here are some of the things I learned via Twitter this past week:
@GeorgeKao “There’s no such thing as ‘keeping up.’ There’s only checking in at high leverage times.”
@JohnDCook “He who marries the spirit of the age will soon be a widow.”
System outcomes can be influenced by numerous factors such as:
- Competitor innovation that attracts the market away from your business
- Cost of goods increases and margins shrink. You cut expenses to survive.
- Employee turnover which fuels inconsistency and waste.
- Customer leave due to dis-satisfaction
- Market shifts that you are unaware of and don’t understand
The #1 influence that is threaded through all five examples above is communications.
Knowledge Management = Story Management. Anecdote
How do you organise your stories?
I didn’t realise it at the time but when we started this blog back in 2004 we were creating a type of story bank where we could go back and retrieve great stories to tell.