Personal Knowledge Management:
- A way to deal with ever-increasing digital information.
- Requires an open attitude to learning and finding new things (I Seek).
- Develops processes of filing, classifying and annotating for later retrieval.
- Uses open systems that enable sharing.
- Aids in observing, thinking and using information & knowledge (I Sense).
- Helps to share ideas with others (We Share).
- “You know you’re in a community of practice when your practice changes” (We Use).
- PKM prepares the mind to be open to new ideas (enhanced serendipity).
How do I keep track of all of this information?
How do I make sense of changing conditions and new knowledge?
How can I develop and improve critical thinking skills?
How can we cooperate?
How can I collaborate better?