As a free agent, I’m always on the lookout for professional development oppotunities, especially low or no cost ones.
- Learning Economics Group – Free membership is available to this non-profit focused on the business metrics of learning in larger organisations. The telephone/ppt presentations are quite informative, and you get to link to some smart and innovative people. Sign up for information about monthly meetings, discussion boards and shared resources.
- Business Process Trends – this website and the accompanying newsletter links many business process methodologies together.
- Synchronous Web Events on e-learning, by Horizon Live
- The e-Learning Guild has some free and some fee-based resources and events
- ISPI‘s Performance Xpress has many good, free articles on performance improvement.
- The Knowledge@Wharton Newsletter is a free service of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. It covers knowledge management and business issues.
- LearningTimes.org is an open community for education and training professionals. There are various learning events offered.
- Work-Learning Research makes its publications and other research-based information available through its website at.
- Jay’s Emergent Learning Forum, online or onsite.
Go ahead and add your own recommendations.