A friend of mine is going to be starting a very interesting & unique job in the educational sector; working for a private corporation (that’s all I can say for now, but hope to be able to tell more in the new year). We were discussing various sources of information and community nodes in this field so I thought I’d put down my references in one spot.
Here is my annotated webliography.
- Good summative post on blogging in education, by Australia’s James Farmer.
- James also has created free blog spaces for Educators and Students (a safe place to blog)
- The platform that is, in my opinion, the best for building education communities and providing user-controlled access rights is Elgg.
- An excellent resource on the science of brain-based learning is the Eide Neurolearning Blog.
- The ultimate site on blogging in public education is by Will Richardson.
- Scott Adams offers another perspective on technology in education and distance learning. I really like his Edutrain meme.
- Albert Ip’s blog on how we should prepare our next generation for life in 2020 is always worth a read.
- My own list of bookmarks on Public Education issues. I also have a list of online Student Resources, as recommendations for our two school-age boys.
I’m sure that I’ve missed many other good sources of information, so feel free to add your recommendations in the comments. I’ve done some work in the K-12 education sector but it’s not really my specialty.