I noted on Twitter that I was having writer’s block, so @Quinnovator and @Busynessgirl chimed in with some suggestions. Now, several minutes later, I present a David Letterman style top ten list.
Top 10 things an administrator would say to justify the purchase of a learning management system (LMS):
10. It comes with a blog!
9. Vendor has cool conferences
8. We had money left in the budget
7. Everybody else has one
6. Learned about LMS at our last professional development day
5. Had to make up for the staff we laid off
4. Have to keep track of the remaining teaching staff
3. You can’t manage what you don’t measure (psst: what ARE we measuring?)
2. Kickback from the vendor (via @Quinnovator)
1. How else would students learn online?
This is excellent preparation for the CSTD Conference panel on which I will be participating next week. The opening topic: “Is a Learning Management System necessary within your organization?”
Feel free to make this list more than ten items.